Golden Triangle Tour of India is one of the popular and most demanded travel circuit in the world which covers top three travel destinations of India which are Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. This circuit is mostly loved by the first-time travelers who are planning to come to this diverse Country with their friends, family or on a solo trip as this Golden Triangle Tour Package offers visitors a large insight about India’s spectacular culture, heritage, traditions, people and its great history from different eras of human life.
Golden Triangle Tour Package is famous because it provides a wide range of activities for the travelers which no other travel circuit offers. The tourists get to see the majestic monuments, beautiful palaces, ancient temples, luxury hotels, city and country life, vibrant bazaars, colorful festivals, nature and wildlife and many more things which are enclosed beautifully in this famous Golden Triangle Tour of India.
Travelers have a wide range of options using which they can cover this famous travel circuit for example covering Golden Triangle Tour with other nearby cities of Rajasthan and Delhi or by adding other parts of India like Northern and Southern part with this Golden Triangle Tour Package. As this circuit is one of the most-traveled circuit of India we do have high-end luxury hotels and palaces where you may choose to stay. Along with this, we do have budget friendly and hostels where you may consider yourself during this tour of India. However, in this blog we will share the tips to make this Golden Triangle Tour of yours completely friendly with your pockets.
Custom Tours India is here to share you a basic travel itinerary which you may follow during your Golden Triangle tour of India.
Tour Plan: ** Budget Friendly **
Day 1: Arrival at IGI Airport, Delhi
As per your flight arrival timing, our representative will meet you at the Airport and will escort you to your assigned air-conditioned vehicle and chauffer. Later, short stories and a short travel plan will be explained to you about your Golden Triangle Tour of India. On reaching your hotel, our representative will help you with check-in.
Rest of the evening is free for leisure. You may rest in your hotel as you might be flying from a far distance.
Custom Tours India will book a comfortable yet budget friendly property for you with good reviews and amazing hospitality.
Day 2: Local Sightseeing in Delhi
This morning, have your breakfast at your hotel and then a personal English Speaking tour guide will meet you at your hotel who will be with you for the complete day explaining importance and history of each monument you will be visiting. Please feel free to ask as many as questions to him about the city, place or daily life of its people.
We will be covering below mentioned sightseeing places of the city followed by lunch and dinner.
- Jama Masjid – Jama Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India which is situated in Old Delhi. This historical monument in India was built by Mughals in the year 1644 using red sandstone and marble. The mosque is built at an elevation of 10m which provides a splendid view of the bustling bazaars and the narrow streets of ChandiChawk. The mosque can accommodate 25,000 devotees at the same time.
Following this monument, you will be taken for a short and adventurous Rickshaw Ride in Old Delhi covering narrow streets of ChandiChawk where you can see the glimpse of daily life.
Later, we will head for lunch at one of the famous restaurants in the city.
- Humayun’s Tomb – Humayun’s Tomb is the first garden tomb in India was built by Haji Begam in the loving memory of her husband – Mughal Emperor Humayun using red sandstone and the main tomb in built using white and black marble which makes it worth visiting. This historical monument of India consists of a huge lawn which is divided into 4 sections where you can see beautifully laid gardens, flower beds, fountains and water channels making this as a great spot of photographs.
- Raj Ghat and Gandhi Memorial – Raj Ghat is built in the memory of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, also known as “Father of the Nation”. This memorial is situated on the banks of Yamuna River due to which you can see lush green gardens and lawns. Raj Ghat being the place where Gandhiji was cremated and took his last breath, this memorial is one of the important memorials in India.
- Qutub Minar – Qutub Minar is the world’s tallest brick minaret which is standing at a height of 73 foot from the ground. This historical monument in India is one of the oldest structures built in the history of Delhi which was commissioned by Qutub-Ud-Din-Aibak in 1192 AD. One of the major attractions of this monument is the Iron Pillar which was laid by Ashoka the great of Mauryan Empire dated 4th century.
Later, rest of the day is free at leisure. If you wish to go outside for dinner you may ask your driver to wait at the hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Agra and local sightseeing
Early morning, have your breakfast and then check-out from your hotel. The drive to Agra is through a newly built expressway which provides a fantastic view of the country side. This amazing 3 hours’ drive will take you to the next city of this Golden Triangle Tour Package which is Agra – The city of Taj Mahal.
Upon arrival, we will head towards a restaurant where you can your lunch and then we will proceed to your hotel which will be booked by Custom Tours India.
Later, rest for a while and then will be take you to visit few sightseeing places of the city.
- Itmad-Ud-Daulah – This beautiful white marble tomb was built by Mughal Empress Nur Jahan, wife of Mughal Emperor Jehangir in the loving memory of her father Mirza Ghias Beg. The monument is built between 1622 and 1628 using pure white marble and semi-precious stone using Persian and Mughal architecture. Local people says that the idea of Taj Mahal was taken from this monument hence, this monument is also known as “Baby Taj”.
- Mehtab Bagh – Mehtab Bag is believed to be the last and 11th pleasure gardens which were built on the banks of a river by Mughal Emperor Babur. Mehtab Bagh is the perfect spot to take pictures of the Taj Mahal from back side as this garden is located on the opposite side of the river. This garden is spread over 300 sq. M which has perfectly laid pavilions, lawns, flower beds, fountains and water channels.
Later, we will head back to the hotel to spend leisure time at the hotel. If you wish to go out for dinner, please feel free to ask your chauffer to wait at the hotel.
Day 4: Taj Mahal and then Drive to Jaipur. En-route visit Fatehpur Sikri
Early morning, your English-speaking tour guide will report at your hotel and will escort you to one of the seven wonders of the World – The Taj Mahal. We recommend you to visit Taj Mahal early in the morning because we will have less traffic and Taj looks best at this time.
- Taj Mahal – One of the seven wonders of the world – Taj Mahal is located on the banks of Yamuna River which was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the loving memory of his favourite and third wife – Mumtaj Mahal. This marvellous monument was built using white marble in the year 1648 which currently houses the tomb of both Shah Jahan and Mumtaj Mahal. The name of this monument is derived from Persian language which means Taj as “Crown” and Mahal as “Palace”. It took almost 22 Years and 20,000 workers to build this beautiful monument.
Later, return back to your hotel for breakfast and then check-out from the hotel. Following this, we will drive towards the last and best city of Golden Triangle Tour Package – Jaipur “The Pink City”.
En-route we will take a short break at one of the UNESCO Heritage Site – Fatehpur Sikri.
- Fatehpur Sikri – Situated at a distance of 40 kms from Agra, this fortified city is made of red sandstone which was founded and built by Mughal Emperor Akbar in the year 1572. Before building the palace, Akbar visited this place in search of a Sufi saint – Salim Chisti who blessed the king with a son. After the wish came true, Akbar built a beautiful palace for his favourite three wives and a mosque dedicated to the Sufi saint. Later, Fatehpur Sikri was served as a Mughal capital for the next fifteen year.
From here we will drive directly towards Jaipur which will take around 4 hours. This National Highway will enlighten you with the culture, tradition and attire of Royal Rajasthan as you pass through several villages, small town and big stations. You can feel the change of things, dresses, architecture and many more aspects after entering Rajasthan’s border.
Upon arrival, check-in at the hotel and then rest of the day is free to relax. Custom Tours India will book a nice and comfortable budget property for your stay.
Day 5: Local sightseeing in Jaipur
This morning, have your breakfast and then your English-speaking tour guide will meet you at your hotel who will with you for complete day to explain the history and importance of each monument and local bazaars. Today, you will be visiting the below sights:
- Hawa Mahal – Hawa Mahal or “Palace of Winds” was built in the year 1799 by Sawai Pratap Singh for the royal women where they used to sit to see the daily life of local people and the bazaars. This building consists of 953 small windows with lattice work which helps the royal ladies to sit freely and see down however, blocking the view from outside so that local people could not see inside the windows.
- Jal Mahal – Another beautiful 5 storey palace which is located in the middle of the Lake Man Sagar built in the year 1745. This palace was considered a summer palace for the king to spend some leisure time with his queens. As this is private palace, you can stop by the road to take some pictures. A stop of 10 minutes would be enough.
- Amber Fort – Amber Fort is one of the most visited forts in India built with the mixture of Hindu and Mughal architecture whose construction was started in the year 1592 by Raja Man Singh I. This fort was built for pleasure purpose by the royal family using precious stones, mirror work and miniature paintings on the walls. The most attraction is the mirror palace built in the main complex of the fort. You will love to see the strong pillars, gardens and wall swings where the king used to meet local and special persons of his court.
Later, you will be taken for lunch at one of the famous restaurants inside the old pink city.
- City Palace – The city palace was built in the middle of the new city when the king, Jai Singh II declared Jaipur as the new capital. The palace was built in the year 1732 which is used to be the seat and home of Maharaja of Jaipur. This palace is built in a mixture of rajput, Mughal and European style making it one of a kind. The main attraction of this palace are the different gates designed in one of the courtyards which showcase the different themes and shades of Rajput’s culture and traditions.
- Jantar Mantar – Jantar Mantar is a UNESCO World heritage site situated adjoining to the City Palace which was constructed by Jai Singh II that’s holds the record of world’s biggest sundial. You will be amaze to see the observatories, instruments built using stones and brass to calculate time and to check astronomical positions with your naked eyes.
Rest of the evening is free for leisure. Jaipur is also famous for its handicrafts, textile, blue stone pottery, carpets, precious and semi-precious stones. Here, if you wish to explore you may ask the driver to take you one of markets.
Day 6: Drive to Delhi
This morning, pack your bags with the amazing memories of this lovely and amazing golden triangle tour of India and head towards IGI Airport, Delhi.
Custom Tours India is always here to make changes with the tour package as per your preference and convenience. Above mentioned is the basic Golden Triangle Tour itinerary which we can change according to your preference.